homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homestead Digest, Vol 24, Issue 60

  • From: WILLIAM <billymegab AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homestead Digest, Vol 24, Issue 60
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 12:17:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hey Toni,

Is it safe to assume the PoolBoy would share in the Bounty???

William
(struggling with weeds and far smaller quantities of equally delicious
goodies)

tonitime AT juno.com wrote:
Hi Bev & the List!
We've had too much bounty coming into the kitchen.......dang, lucky
and wiped out from it again!! We've frozen about 25 bags of heirloom
pole beanies, Spieed Peach Butter, Peach halves and slices, Dilly Beans,
mild and spicy, Asian Bean Pickles, small 'Tater Onion Pickles, Salsa
Verde (w/ tomatillos), Sweet Pepper Relish, Sweet Pickle Relish,
Fermented Cuke Pickles, Peach-Blueberry Jam, Peach Apricot Jam, Regular
Peach Jam, 15 qts/ Green Beans for salad, Day Lilly Buds. Today, Zucchini
B&B Picles, start roasting tomatoes for sauce, pizza sauces, and whole
maters to can ( we grow about 25 types and colors of heirloom maters and
do a bunch of varietal cannings for deeeliciousness and grins). The first
colorful 20 lbs. of tomatoes are looking at me and wondering what's to
become of them :)
We were used to big ethnic diversity in produce from our 40and 50 yrs. in
CA, and the stuff isn't available in the mtns of KY! So - i married the
chef and brought he and my girlies to Appalachia - land of no
restaurants!! Hence, if we want it, we've gotta grow it. YUM.
Also, i've got a problem with an allium obsession - and still have a
few hundred lbs. of many garlics and onions to clean, sort, braid, and
dehydrate since the curing is done, Where IS that Poolboy when i need
him?!

Time to get busy.......but always time to thank the listmates for good
knowledge and banter!
Good growing, All,
Toni

> Toni ~ Eastern Kentucky (and so deep in harvest processing and Fall
> planting that i can't think toooo welll due to canner's brain!)

LOL! I know that one! I picked blueberries all morning, tomatoes last
evening and today I've been canning diced tomatoes all day! I just took
the last 6 pints out of the canner...now I am trying to cool the kitchen
off again...lol....
What have you been canning?

Bev
http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/options/homestead/billymegab%40yahoo.com

Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates
starting at 1ยข/min.
>From erthnsky AT bellsouth.net Tue Aug 1 00:59:15 2006
by imf24aec.mail.bellsouth.net with ESMTP id

<20060801045914.TETI27997.imf24aec.mail.bellsouth.net AT ibm68aec.bellsouth.net>
for <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>; Tue, 1 Aug 2006 00:59:14 -0400