homestead - Re: [Homestead] Between the ice and ocean: The rising tide

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Between the ice and ocean: The rising tide
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 17:22:31 -0400

On 7/16/06, sanrico AT highdesert.com <sanrico AT highdesert.com> wrote:

....The difference between Brokaw's approach and the following report is
that NBC says there is a centuries-long process, such that there is time to
get our act together; whereas, Bates points out that sea level rise of
several feet can happen in one season - a sudden, catastrophic change. This
article is being printed in the next issue of The Permaculture Activist
magazine, Fall 2006. - Jan Lundberg, July 16, 2006

According to EarthChangesTV, they follow ancient Mayan prophecy and
teachings that say we're experiencing normal cyclical earth changes that are
beginning to speed up, which may indeed indicate and cause we may have
dramatic climate changes. This site also discusses how in the coming years,
as part of the climate change we will experience large and ever quickening
increases in all weather and weather-related problems i.e. hurricanes,
tornadoes, large amounts of rainfall, etc.

They further believe that "global warming" is a lot of bunk. They believe
in conservation, recycling and doing our best to take care of our planet but
that the changes will happen regardless. Anything we can do to become
better stewards of our planet may help.

Today's front page indicates there have been two volcanoes to erupt in the
last few days: the Mayon Volcano in the eastern Phillipines and Mt.
Tungurahua in Ecuador. People have also been evacuated in Papua New Guinea
for another volcano that could soon erupt.

There have been many small earthquakes in/near Yellowstone National Park the
last couple of years and
Mt. St. Helens is again on the watch list for a possible eruption.

Here's the Earth Changes front page, but you'll need a membership to go very
far.
http://www.earthchangestv.com/index.php

Lisa