homestead - Re: [Homestead] insulation

  • From: sanrico AT highdesert.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] insulation
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 02:12:02 +0000 (America/Los_Angeles)

My mom did that, too, after she retired. Living alone - in the city - a small
cooler was just right. And she didn't cook much, anyway, so it worked for her
(she thought it was her idea!). I'm trying to do the living alone thing
myself,
but it's not working (hungry offspring keep showing up, bringing - what else -
their own hungry offspring). My house looks like a nest of baby birds
sometimes -
and just as noisy. I find that feeding them keeps them quiet. Anyway, alone or
not, I've always suffered from 'bulk-buying syndrome', and an empty pantry (or
freezer) hurts me to my heart. Being no spring chicken, I find that carrying
bags
is easier than trying to lug in crates and cases.

Sandy