homestead - [Homestead] organic marketing

  • From: "Tracy J" <tracy9j AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] organic marketing
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 15:12:38 -0500

The article that Gene sent us from the NYTimes RE: "Farmer's Markets Go
Beyond Green" seems to be a popular topic in a lot of publications.

I found a couple of really good, in my opinion, articles about the growing
"organic market" vs. "Locally grown" controversy.

Here is one from Mother Jones:

"No Bar Code", by Michael Pollan
http://www.motherjones.com/news/feature/2006/05/no_bar_code.html

Another good article can be found in the May 15, 2006 New Yorker magazine:

"PARADISE SOLD", by STEVEN SHAPIN
http://www.newyorker.com/critics/content/articles/060515crat_atlarge

I find that these are some thought provoking issues.

Tracy Julian
in East North-Central Minnesota