homestead - Re: [Homestead] Seed starting methods

  • From: "Rob Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Seed starting methods
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 09:10:56 -0500

The peppers do well in your straw bale frame? Extra bales all around on
cold nights?

That is the plan. My uncle does this and reports that it works well. He is in PA, me in VA. I moved here from Florida, so this cold frame business is new to me. Used to just sit the cardboard box outside under a tree in FL.

I intend to put the cold tolerant stuff there first and not risk tomatoes, etc. Unc says it works fine for all that., just a little early for starting those in bulk.

Rob