homestead - Re: [Homestead] SLA vs FLA batteries

  • From: "Wendy Gulliver" <crazygardens AT verizon.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] SLA vs FLA batteries
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 20:30:08 -0500

Well, then. We have Flooded, Gel and AGM (absorbed glass mat). These are
all types of lead acids. Since gels or AGMs are usually not overcharged
(Ok, there are some very special circuits to overcharge these, but I would
not expect to find them in normal consumer equipment), I would not expect
the flooded setting to have an overcharge circuit either.

Have fun,
Wendy