homestead - [Homestead] sauerkraut canned

  • From: "Rob Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Homestead" <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] sauerkraut canned
  • Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 21:44:51 -0500

Just a little update, I got the canner out and canned it up. Inlaws lived
through it :>) I read that pressure canners do not give a good product on
fermented foods, so I'll try out the pressure canner on next summers'
abundance.

Marie, I did freeze a cup or so left over. Just to see how tough it gets :>)
I just hate killing those good little buggies.

The kraut looked (and tasted) great, so I hope that the canning will get rid
of the yeasties. Next time, I use a garbage bag lock on it and don't let the
liquids get low.

Trust that all had a nice holiday.

Rob -Va

  • [Homestead] sauerkraut canned, Rob Walton, 12/28/2005