homestead - Re: [Homestead] sauerkraut

  • From: "Rob Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] sauerkraut
  • Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 20:14:15 -0500

<<I am now thinking about freezing it. I am still living with
relatives that hate it when I get out the canner.

Uh-huh. It will probably be safe but it will taste like fodder or something
worse. Sauerkraut frozen is sauerkraut that should be put on the compost
pile (though the high salt content might screw up the compost).

Marie

Well, next week when SOME of them are at work, I'll break out the canner. I got a used pressure canner and need to test it out anyway.....I definately don't want fodder :>)

Rob