homestead - Re: [Homestead] Asia doubts US resolve

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Asia doubts US resolve
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 19:04:37 -0800

What you are looking at is the result of several generations of public schooling. Stand in line, raise your hand, don't question authority, be a good little consumer.

Look at 9/11. Four planes and passengers on only one plane did anything except sit passively. Look at Columbine. Kids waited passively while the shooters reloaded their weapons, NO ONE attempted to disarm them while they stood in the middle of dozens of kids. No one did anything.

It happens all the time. However, it isn't all that new if you look at what preceeded it. Is it not just an extension of the whole mind set where people ignore someone laying on the street bleeding or other incidents that have been reported over the last 30 or 40 years?

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rob Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>

I am not a big supporter of what our country is doing in Iraq.

I would like to think that as a nation the response would be different if we
were under attack from a clear enemy. I'd like to think that our people
would rally and concentrate on victory.

However, I cannot imagine most of the current population enduring shortages,
rationing and other day to day inconveniences that people endured in the
40s. Maybe down deep these sniveling, latte slurping folks are stronger than
they seem.

What we have accomplished in Iraq, is to demonstrate our complete inability
to fight a ground war. We have bared our weakness to the world and now have
to reap the consequences; this is only a start.

Rob - Va