homestead - Re: [Homestead] DoD Gas Pains

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] DoD Gas Pains
  • Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 15:26:06 -0500

In short, the American GI is the most energy-consuming
soldier ever seen on the field of war.. The U.S.
military now uses about 1.7 million gallons of fuel a
day in Iraq.. each of the 150,000 soldiers on the
ground consumes roughly 9 gallons of fuel a day. And
that figure has been rising.

As I noted a couple days ago, the Iraq invasion is extremely profitable for people who make their money in oil. Like the Bushes and their base.

And, yes, it has an effect on what you and I pay at the pump.