homestead - Re: [Homestead] Naming the backhoe

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Naming the backhoe
  • Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 18:30:57 -0700

At 10/15/2005 05:40 PM, Gene wrote:

So what to name thirteen thousand pounds of backhoe?

All right! The time spent in "The Big City" was worth it, a new toy!

And so it came to pass today as she
and I--she having late in the day decided to respond to my seductive
starting pleadings--moved rocks and dirt building the new stream crossing
that will one day be the dam that will make possible the ram pump, gravity
water and and trout pond, so it came to pass that she became Magnolia.

Is it diesel or gas?

Her operator's manual is in the mail. A plain, brown envelope, no doubt.

A manual is a wise investment, no matter what color the container it comes in.

Congratulations Gene on a fine investment in tools and fun. (And the name is a good one too!)

Rob

becida AT comcast.net
Western Washington State, USA