homestead - Re: [Homestead] The Use of R.C. W. in Agriculture

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The Use of R.C. W. in Agriculture
  • Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 23:23:31 -0700

I've been wondering about doing the blueberries. They do grow naturally among stunted pines in waterlogged areas. If you think it's a good idea, I'll give it a try.

Bill
S. Oregon coast

Gene GeRue wrote:

It's a sad revelation, I know, since
I'd love to find a way to put fir boughs to use, so next year I might
try mulching tomatoes with them in the greenhouse.

Use coniferous boughs and needles as mulch for acid-loving plants such as blueberry, azalea, rhododendron and fern.