homestead - Re: [Homestead] Power vs. Energy

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Power vs. Energy
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 12:12:41 -0700

I found this buried in my in-box. This was about a post from Gene about a radical new _cheap_ photovoltaic film.

I didn't follow up on it. I can't say about the 120 watts/in2, which of course is more than exists in sunlight, but the other comment that I made about confusing energy and power may have an explanation. Maybe this new material has a finite capacity, like a non-rechargeable battery. So the total amount of energy over its lifespan would be fixed, rather than its power output. This would make it disposable, in essence. But what would it matter, if it were as cheap as they were reporting?

Bill

Bruce Meland wrote:

Hi Bill I saw that figgure 120 watts/square inch and just thought it was a typo and meant 120 watts/ft2 Have you talked personally to company rep about this. ? If you dont I will try Thanks Bruce Meland editor www.electrifyingtimes.com _______________________________________________