homestead - Re: [Homestead] Commentary on Money Sucking Upper Management

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Commentary on Money Sucking Upper Management
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 12:24:10 -0700

Interesting reading at this web site:
http://www.cipa-apex.org/toomuch/

corporate wage fairness run amuck in this country.

I used to rant about corporate excesses. No more. Waste of time. Best rule I know is: DO NOT BUY PRODUCTS FROM COMPANIES YOU DON'T LIKE! Whether the dislike is because of political bribery or crappy products, just don't buy them. It is the most effective vote a citizen can make.

Spend your energy figuring out how to become in charge of your own life, free of wage tyranny. Do not expect it to be easy.

At the above site is this:
"Dedicated to the notion that our world would be considerably more
caring, prosperous, and democratic if we narrowed the vast gap that divides our wealthy from everyone else."

Well, that's partially true. Poor people would be more prosperous until they spent their way back into poverty. If we had total democratic power over the nation's wealth, we would soon be poor. The rich have different mindsets than the poor. A rich mindset creates wealth; a poor mindset creates poverty. Read "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" for the perspective. It's not well written, but the message is loud and clear.

I strongly encourage people to break out of wage slavery. Learn how to be your own boss. If you won't do that, don't complain about the life you have made for yourself. Nobody owes you anything. Learn how to get what you want by earning it. Homesteading is part of my plan.