homestead - Re: [Homestead] Since things are so slow . . .

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Since things are so slow . . .
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 04:23:26 -0700

Well, this post came to the HOMESTEAD folder properly. Perhaps new subscribers are coming on with a new address for homestead?

At 04:14 PM 7/21/2005 -0700, you wrote:
. . . here's a farmer story:

A man owned a small farm in Kansas. The Kansas Wage and Hour Department
claimed he was not paying proper wages to his help and sent an agent out to
interview him. "I need a list of your employees and how much you pay them,"
demanded the agent.

"Well, there's my field hand who's been with me for 3 years. I pay him $600
a week plus free room and board. The cook has been here for 18 months, and
I pay her $500 a week plus free room and board. Then there's the half-wit
who works here about 18 hours a day. He makes $10 a week and I buy him a
bottle of bourbon every Saturday night," replied the farmer.

"That's the guy I want to talk to--the half-wit," says the agent.

"That would be me," replied the farmer sadly.