homestead - [Homestead] Re: planting, speculator values

  • From: VATOCO6 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Re: planting, speculator values
  • Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 12:26:52 EDT

Planted zucchini, tomatoes, bell peppers and chocolate mint this morning.
Hopefully we'll have a better year than last year. We've gotten more rain and
snow than last year, but then again, so has the Sahara.

Amazing how much water can change property values overnight here. We (at
Gene's suggestion, among others) bought the worst house in the best
neighborhood.
We bought it for $105,000. We haven't done much to it AT ALL. There's just no
money...husband graduates with two degrees in December, eldest son graduated
Saturday.

Once the wells were shut down due to nitrites, and the county aquifer water
was piped in, housing values shot up and people started building all around
us.
Our house was just assessed for $149,000. But we LIKED the well water. It was
softer and sweeter.

And just when we're able to finally get the house to how we want it, we'll
probably have to move, because Mark will be transferred. But maybe THEN we'll
be
able to get back to the country!

Tammy in (increasingly populated) Colorado

Rocky: Hey Bullwinkle, we're in real trouble now!
Bullwinkle: Oh good, Rocky! I hate that artificial kind!

  • [Homestead] Re: planting, speculator values, VATOCO6, 05/14/2005