homestead - [Homestead] The value of scrap lumber

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] The value of scrap lumber
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 13:01:01 -0700

I'm cleaning up after a project and was tossing scraps of lumber into a box I keep just for that. While I was doing that I thought of the scraps I took out for this project and the time I didn't have any scraps to work with.

When I was leveling the old mobile home in Minnesota I reached that point where I needed to shim it up a bit here and there. I had nothing with me that I had not brought along and to honest a box of wood scraps was not one of the things I packed in the truck before I left.
I had to drive into town and find a couple of well used pallets for my shimming material. I had the tools to cut & shape the nice dry/aged wood into what I needed but it was a shock when I realized that I didn't have anything with me to use.
Up till that point I always took having scraps around as a given.
Just something to think about...

Rob

becida AT comcast.net
Western Washington State, USA