homestead - Re: [Homestead] Out of control capitalists

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Out of control capitalists
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 21:00:37 -0700

Capitalism is in a very backwards state now. High salaries and benefits as
are cited in the article are not often the results of how the company or its
execs have preformed, but rather on how the investors HOPE he will perform ... even if there is no basis for thinking so or thinking that the high salary makes any difference in the situation.

Naturally I can't remember the source, but I read in the last year or three that top executives are, in fact, in short supply, and that directors of large companies are hard put to find individuals of great stature, who can command high attention, evaluate/fire/hire high-level vice presidents and managers, effectively deal with changing markets and supply chains, adapt to a ever-changing international playing field, hire and manage lobbyists, etc., etc., etc. Seems to me that large companies today are running scared. And they jolly well should be.