homestead - RE: [Homestead] Comprehensive assessment of world's ecosystems released; be very afraid

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT dtnspeed.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] Comprehensive assessment of world's ecosystems released; be very afraid
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 20:05:05 -0600

I'm an optimistic person in general, but in the last several years I've been
grateful that, owing to circumstances beyond my control, that (1) I'm not a
young person faced with the world we have now and (2) I don't have children.

I do have a niece and nephew, 19- and 14-year-olds, respectively, and I love
the only world we have, so I'm not immune to the building angst. I guess if
reincarnation turns out to be a fact, I may even be personally involved in
the terrors to come.

Damn! Something always gets you.

Marie