homestead - Re: [Homestead] Air quality map

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: "Nels Tomlinson" <nels.tomlinson AT gmail.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Air quality map
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:37:03 -0800

O.K., they can't do sections of counties. That is asking a tad much. And
you do realise that they get their information from forms that the companies
send in? They didn't make up the data on that company, it is the data that
company reported on their TRI (The Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) collects
information about chemical releases and waste management reported by major
industrial facilities in the U.S. The TRI database was established by
Section 313 of the Emergency Planning and Community Right-To-Know Act of
1986. Under EPCRA, industrial facilities in specific sectors are required to
report their environmental releases and waste management practices annually
to the Environmental Protection Agency. Covered facilities must disclose
their releases of approximately 650 toxic chemicals to air, water, and land,
as well as the quantities of chemicals they recycle, treat, burn, or
otherwise dispose of on-site and off-site.). So, what you think they
"technically" may not be, in fact, what pollutants they are releasing. I
can't see why they would fill out the form saying that they release more
than they do. Less, I'd buy but not more.

However, they do say that 90% of your days have good air quality and 10%
have moderate health quality and none have unhealthful air quality. I fail
to see the complaint.

Lynda