homestead - Re: [Homestead] It is happening

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] It is happening
  • Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 12:59:53 -0800

At 2/8/2005, you wrote:
Should have put in the disclaimer, speaking of loans in CA. Plus, with the
latest round of mud slides in Anaheim and on the coast, plus the last few
years of fires, the insurance on a property with that selling price is going
to be outrageous!

Insurance is going to be a killer. We are at $525 a year now, up from $225 11 years ago. The house is backed up against an indian reservation and that is all brush. It has burned twice in the 11 years we have been here but there was no damage to the house.

Don Bowen
Awl Knotted Up Woodworking
Valley Center, CA http://www.braingarage.com