homestead - Re: [Homestead] 2006 military budget balancing act

  • From: tvoivozhd <tvoivozd AT infionline.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] 2006 military budget balancing act
  • Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 13:18:38 -0500

Melody O. wrote:

At 10:43 AM 2/7/05 -0700, you wrote:

tvoivozhd---I love having the best fighter plane in the
world, but wafare is definitely moving to unmanned
equipment of all kinds---need to be there fustest with the
mostest.

I met a Marine pilot some years back who opined that killing enemy planes was no fun anymore as they were still well beyond visual contact when the missile took them out.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/4153541/detail.html
Some people are still enjoying the kill:

SAN DIEGO -- At a panel discussion in San Diego Tuesday, a top Marine
general tells an audience that, among other things, it is "fun to shoot
some people."

The comment, made by Lt. Gen. James Mattis, came in reference to fighting
insurgents in Iraq. He went on to say, "Actually, its a lot of fun to
fight. You know, it's a hell of a hoot. I like brawling."

"You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for 5 years
because they didn't wear a veil," Mattis continued. "You know, guys like
that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell of a lot of fun to
shoot them."

Really messed up, I'd say.

tvoivozhd---only if you don.t believe that what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. If I had been one of the guys liberating Dachau or Auschwitz---or capturing Japan's Unit 731 butchers, and goons in charge of the Bataan Death March, I would have been laughing so hard I could barely walk as they all collapsed in a pool of blood. It's not payment in full for their magnitude of their cruelty, but it's the best you can do.

Best wishes,
Melody