homestead - [Homestead] My Iraq predict6ion

  • From: tvoivozhd <tvoivozd AT infionline.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] My Iraq predict6ion
  • Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 10:42:43 -0500

At the moment the most powerful Shiite cleric, Al Sistani, is being nice to the
Sunnis and offering them a minor place in government. If the Sunni's continue their
killing of Shiite police and army their temporary forbearance will turn into a Saddam-like
iron fist and a first-class blood bath---unlike U.S. Army actions---totally out of view of
cameras and off the stage of world newspapers. Can't blame them---quick and bloody is
decisive, slow and a little less blood is never decisive.

Unless it develops over Kurdish oil in Mosul, the Shiites have no quarrel with the Kurds who
pose no threat of any kind to majority Shiites---the latter consider them to be useful political
cover against world opinion, for which they have little regard, anyway---and there is lots of
oil in the rest of Iraq---more than enough to go arounds.

  • [Homestead] My Iraq predict6ion, tvoivozhd, 02/05/2005