homestead - [Homestead] Updated hypertufa home business

  • From: tvoivozhd <tvoivozd AT infionline.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Updated hypertufa home business
  • Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 13:39:42 -0500

OK, we're sliding toward spring and it's time you were thinking about a side business selling something to craft shows and flea markets. I like hypertufa, though demolding is slow and unless you have a lot of molds it's not a high-volume businessl
Nevertheless the profit margin is good and you are more likely to get hit by a meteorite than run into competition. Some repetition here for you folks with a short attention-span, and a few new thingsl

[Homestead] Home business, more hypertufa links
Tvoivozhd tvoivozd at infionline.net
Sun Sep 5 19:58:07 EDT 2004

[ author ]

Probably some duplications of links on previous post. I

didn't cross-check them

http://faq.gardenweb.com/faq/hypertufa/ (hypertufa FAQ)

http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Square/2233/

Lantern.html (tutorial on making a hypertufa Japanese Lantern)

http://union.osu.edu/mgarden/articles/hypertufahints.htm
(hypertufa
hints, gloves, mask, colorants, fibers, acrylic in mix)

http://www.canadiangardening.com/ideas_fun_hypertufa2.

shtml (pictorial
and advice on filling a mold, drainage inserts, smoothing,

leveling,
drainage inserts etc.)

http://gardening.about.com/cs/projects/l/aa091699.htm (

about.com,
rubbing the peat moss through a hardware screen, and using

a wire brush
on surface)

http://www.efildoog-nz.com/hypertufa.htm (efildoog,

sculpting, totem poles)

http://www.garden-of-mu.com/garden-art/hypertufa-info.HTML

(mix,
second-day carving, mix dry ingredients first in large

batch, then
divide and mix small wet batches)

Hypertufa collection of links- recipies and ide
http://www.northnet.org/harblin/tufa.html
http://www.schundler.com/hypertufa.htm
http://www.nettally.com/skinnerd/hypertufanew/Hypertufa.

htm
http://www.efildoog-nz.com/hypertufa.htm
http://gardening.about.com/library/weekly/aa091699.htm
http://www.timpyworks.com/
http://www.whatcom.wsu.edu/ag/homehort/hypertufa.htm
http://www.the-water-garden-and-garden-pond-place.com/

Hypertufa.htm
http://pages.prodigy.net/airs/rocks/making.htm

http://www.makersgallery.com/concrete/howto1b.html (

concrete for
artists, some hypertufa, some not)

http://www.alpine-art.com/ (garden art faces, no molds,

but ideas on
artistic images, price levels)

http://www.pbase.com/embe/making_an_oribe_style_lantern

(don't know if I included these pictures of molds and

finished Oribe before)

http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Square/2233/

Lantern.html
(different lantern-maker, molds, mix recipe)

http://mk37.image.pbase.com/u20/embe/upload/36631026.

Misakistylelanternmadefromhypertufa.JPG (good picture)

http://www.moldcompanies.com/
(commercial concrete

statuary suppliers---my next door neighbor in Kingwood,

Texas made a good living making molds and statuary in his

garage---sold them elsewhere to avoid the traffic or else

Kingwood Kreeps would have shut him down)

http://conmolds.ornamentalconcrete.net/cgi-bin/index.cgi?

action=forum&board=sculpt&op=display&num=171
(putting

detail in concrete castings by use of additives---

hypertufa does not take detail well.

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UgD3AhwZGh1FxgOUrU68

yYfNAlrScEvcS3Me3hneqyXPMErNtUKHyX7IT9B!H0lO2ckb3

qgcxLutrCtkrtjUGmo26WV0SU147r7wppGL!WpgT4WrfWA9

YfKTBMnPunAL/Wylees%20Tufa%20Totem.jpg?dc=

4675426869663005708 (tufa totem pole---don,t know about
that---quite a departure from chainsaw carving of a wood

log}

  • [Homestead] Updated hypertufa home business, tvoivozhd, 02/04/2005