homestead - Re: [Homestead] Morning thought

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Morning thought
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 15:59:05 -0800

Hmmm, interesting thought. I don't think it really relates to FDR or how
much is taken in taxes or social security but rather to what the depression
created -- families moving and moving and moving once again and thus
splitting up. Then along comes WWII and the mentality of give the kids
everything that we didn't have. So you no longer have the whole family
living in a relatively small area and you have the gimme generation. Oh,
and add into that the shrink epidemic with an excuse for everything.

Just a thought. Yuck what a mess <g>

Lynda