homestead - Re: [Homestead] Medical doctors under the present system have noconttrol over their work or lives

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Medical doctors under the present system have noconttrol over their work or lives
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 15:44:41 -0800

VA hospitals are notorious for poor care! DH's father laid in a bed for a
week before they got him the cat scan he needed. Then another week before
they decided to continue the chemo he'd been getting prior to admission.
With a fast moving cancer, two weeks is too long.

We still get the Timberwolve newsletters upon occasion and the complaints
about the VA haven't diminished over the years.

However, if one is about to step off this mortal coil, the VA hospital is
the way to go. They have no restrictions on morphine and if someone is in
too much pain and is terminal, they will up the dose and put the patient in
a morphin coma. "Regular" hospitals are too worried about a patient
becoming addicted. Ah, hello, they won't be around long enough to worry
about being addicted.

Lynda