homestead - Re: [Homestead] First Amendment No Big Deal, Students Say

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] First Amendment No Big Deal, Students Say
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 22:00:35 -0800

>Why anyone would bother polling or publishing the opinion of high
schoolers
>is beyond me. Catch them in a few years when they start paying taxes.

***Do you really think that once they become taxpayers that they will
suddenly develope different opinions? Paying taxes is some magic button?

I don't think so. High school students are a step from voting. The reason
for the poll on their opinions would be obvious to me -- those high
schoolers are about to be the chad punchers. I'm sure politicians were
doing a real happy dance over the opinion that newspapers should be
controlled!