homestead - Re: [Homestead] Bulting, remodelling costs skyrocketing

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Bulting, remodelling costs skyrocketing
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 11:17:21 -0800

At 1/31/2005, you wrote:
Homeowners are finding that some contractors are shortening the expiration dates on their bids or adding contractual clauses to protect themselves from price hikes in materials.

You have to because of the price instabilities. One chain link job I did last summer went through 3 bids and the last was over 60% higher than the first in materials. With the price of materials and gasoline I have bumped my stained glass installation bids by abut 30%.

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up Woodworking
http://www.braingarage.com
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=decimal&latitude=33.26598&longitude=-116.98509