homestead - Re: [Homestead] mad cow

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] mad cow
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 13:50:28 -0700

When you read about these things keep in mind that the USDA will still NOT ALLOW beef companies to test all their slaughter animals.

That's right. I personally believe there are other factors besides cows eating animal stuff. Seems to me there was a population in, maybe Kentucky or Tennessee, that had some bad results from eating local squirrels. And I am pretty sure there was a fairly recent report where eating wild deer and elk caused similar health effects.