homestead - Re: [Homestead] propane tank vapor locked

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] propane tank vapor locked
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 08:36:17 -0700

Our propane tank is vapor locked. The pilot lights are on but the burners still won't light without a match. Is there anything I can do other than call Agway? The last time this happened we called, a serviceman came out for a few minutes and fixed it but it costs an arm and a leg.

Sorry for having to make this a second post but I am just out of bed and the top equipment is not operating at full speed.

I've never heard of a vapor lock on a propane tank. If the tank is rented, then there should be no charge for the company to fix their equipment. If you can light the burners--and by the plural I presume you mean a room or house heater of some sort--with a match, and the burners the continue to burn as they should, then that means that the propane is flowing okay from the tank to the heater. If that is so, then the trouble may be in the size or the angle of the pilot. If the pilot is adjustable, make it bigger and see if that works.