homestead - [Homestead] Consumer protection--what is the Libertarian position?

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: "homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org" <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Consumer protection--what is the Libertarian position?
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 07:09:17 -0700

James, my understanding is that the Libertarian Party would choose to eliminate most government activities. How far down the bureaucratic food chain does that extend? Specifically, what is the position on consumer protection laws and their enforcement? Let the consumer beware? Or give some level of protection? I'm wondering about things like meat inspection, food products labeling, and limits on jury awards in malpractice suits.

  • [Homestead] Consumer protection--what is the Libertarian position?, Gene GeRue, 01/14/2005