homestead - [Homestead] Not enough solders??

  • From: Rob <becidawa AT hctc.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Not enough solders??
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 01:10:52 -0800

Hi folks,
Just read this one... war sucks and it's even worse when you don't have enough people...
I only quoted the first and last paragraphs of the story. The last one says it all.

Rob
becidawa AT hctc.com
`````````
http://www.washtimes.com/national/20041213-124619-5345r.htm

>>Internal Army documents advocate changing Pentagon rules on mixed-sex units in a way that critics say will risk placing female soldiers in ground-combat situations.
The Nov. 29 briefing to senior Army officers at the Pentagon, presented as part of the service's sweeping transformation of its 10 war-fighting divisions, advocates scrapping the military's ban on collocation the deployment of mixed-sex noncombat units alongside all-male combat brigades.
The briefing contained the phrase: "The way ahead: rewrite/eliminate the Army collocation policy." <<

>>The Times reported last week on an internal May 10 briefing that portrayed the Army as in a bind. The briefing states the Army does not have enough male soldiers to fill the FSCs if they were to collocate with combat brigades and thus required to be men-only.
All-male FSCs, the paper states, "creates potential long-term challenge to Army; pool of male recruits too small to sustain force".<<