homestead - [Homestead] Free Milk for Animals near Barre-Montpelier, Vermont

  • From: Walter H.Jeffries <Highlands AT blacklightning.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Free Milk for Animals near Barre-Montpelier, Vermont
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 17:21:50 -0500

If you raise pigs or another animal you would like a significant volume of free milk to feed, let me know. I have an opportunity to get about 300 gallons a day, five days a week. This is expired/excess milk from the Booth/Hood Dairy. It isn't for people direct consumption but it makes an excellent feed for pigs, heifers, etc.

It require a commitment of picking up a full load (about 75 cubic feet = about 300 gallons) of milk several days per week at about 4pm. That is about one van or pickup truck load of milk. It weighs a lot. It comes in gallon jugs, half gallons, pints, etc. If several of us can pool it then each person won't have to pickup as much per day.

If you are interested then let me know.

Cheers,

Walter Jeffries
Sugar Mtn Farm
in Vermont
---
Pig Time! http://SugarMtnFarm.com/pigs/
Chicken Fun! http://hollygraphicart.com/misc/wirehoopcoop.html
Laser Printer Iron-on Heat Transfer-Toner: http://transfertoner.com/
Custom Transfers on Shirts, mugs & more: http://bltserve.com/
Holly's Pencil Portraits: http://hollygraphicart.com/

  • [Homestead] Free Milk for Animals near Barre-Montpelier, Vermont, Walter H . Jeffries, 12/02/2004