homestead - [Homestead] The Texas corridor?

  • From: Rob <becidawa AT hctc.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] The Texas corridor?
  • Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 09:49:39 -0800

This is really different and from what I saw at this web site (they are against it) not the best of ideas.
http://corridorwatch.org/ttc/index.htm

The part that grabbed me about this Texas project was the rules they developed for acquiring the needed land for this project.

The toll roads in IL are limited access, gas, food etc are on islands on the toll roads. If you leave the toll road you have to pay cash to get back on them. I thought it was an odd concept when I first moved to IL, got used to it ...
This looks to be a bit larger than just the roads/islands...

Anyone know any more about this? Right now it's just a Texas problem but it's a problem that could easily jump state lines if someone starts making money off it.

Rob
becidawa AT hctc.com
Now in western Washington, USA

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan
belt and a leaky tire.