homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fw: [Paranormal_Research] Who started this Christmas Thing?

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fw: [Paranormal_Research] Who started this Christmas Thing?
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 12:42:54 -0800

At 11/29/2004, you wrote:
WalMart has reduced its expectations for November as the day after thanksgiving was not as good as projected.

That may affect China more than the U.S. How about that for globalization?

"Of Wal-Mart's 6,000 global suppliers, experts estimate that as many as eighty percent are based in China."
http://www.planetizen.com/news/item.php?id=14984

There has been a lot of discussion lately about our balance f trade and what it could do to our economy. One thing always brought up is that as our dollar sinks it makes our exports cheaper and will right the balance of trade. There is one major flaw in this. We have let much of our industry run off shore to places like China. China has pegged its currency to the dollar so while we get cheaper so does China and they will reap the bonanza. We are on the brink of a precipice with the twin forces of budget and trade deficients about to blow us off.

Don Bowen
Awl Knotted Up Woodworking
Valley Center, CA http://www.braingarage.com