homestead - Re: [Homestead] Favorite homemade gifts

  • From: RayZentz AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Favorite homemade gifts
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 23:55:34 EST

Sorry I took so long to reply to your request. Several years ago, I
developed a variant on a Raspberry Jelly recipe I found. During the
processing, I
use an amount of Asti Spumante champagne, which adds a wonderful "zing" to
the taste. I gave it to some friends and relatives as a "visiting" gift,
and
now have high demand for it every year. Added with some homemade breads,
as you mentioned, have never heard anything but appreciation, and several of
my relations actually fight over who gets the jar when we do white elephant
gift exchanges.

While I have been tempted to try the recipe with other juices, I haven't yet
taken the time to do it.

Ray