homestead - Re: [Homestead] Now Outspoken, Cronkite Rips Bush's Record

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Now Outspoken, Cronkite Rips Bush's Record
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 21:13:04 EST

Such a shame, I hosted Cronkite's book signings in Atlanta, and didn't have
the heart to have him in public view. He was completely tanked when he showed
up and couldn't stand on his own. We put him in a private office, chair
pushed
up against a desk to keep him upright and brought the books in to be signed.
He just rambled on about all sorts of things but did sign the items
presented.
Really changed my view on him. Oh well, I suppose we all have weeknesses.