homestead - Re: [Homestead] when you're out on the road -

  • From: "Toni Hawryluk" <tonihawr AT msn.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] when you're out on the road -
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 20:18:16 -0800

> > At 11/17/2004, you wrote:
> > http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6498304/?GT1=5809
>
> Looks like more than I need. Don

Reminds of Blondie and Dagwood's (cartoon)
"Dagwood Sandwich" come to life ... <g>
From: "Toni Hawryluk" <tonihawr AT msn.com>
To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homestead tools
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 20:28:19 -0800

> I'm lovin this thread! Been starting to go to the Swap Shop, big flea
> market here and stocking up on what makes sense to buy there. Rob

Just remember that the first thing you *build*
is a secure workshop for your tools and work
table. Like the farmers that built barns for the
animals before they built houses for the family
while the family stayed in the wagon/tent.

I've seen the hardware that uses 2x?s for a
frame is the fastest thing to put together. You
can cover the frame with a tarp, plastic, plywood,
what ever comes in sheets - and take it apart,
too, when you want to salvage "good" lumber.

I wish I could remember brand names - the
hardware is formed metal for the ends of the
2x?s to join them ... Anybody know what
the 'things' are called ?