homestead - [Homestead] "Now that we can do anything . . .

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: "homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org" <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] "Now that we can do anything . . .
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 07:37:06 -0700

. . . what will we do?"

This design feast focuses on what cities might become ("Cities worldwide increase in population at a combined rate of one million people per week."), but anyone who finds design compelling will be inspired. The future is happening fast and we homesteaders need not be hypocrites to take advantage of modern design. After all, each of us here speaks electronically.

I do wonder about that living nose floating in a jar, though. Future food production?

Rob, slip on up this exhibit in Vancouver and give us a report, please.

Anyone still in touch with our missing list member who lived in B.C. and had that great greenhouse site?

http://www.architectureweek.com/

  • [Homestead] "Now that we can do anything . . ., Gene GeRue, 11/11/2004