homestead - Re: [Homestead] Maggot cure for leg lesions

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Maggot cure for leg lesions
  • Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 07:39:23 -0700

Yup, back to the future when antibiotics don't work---as the patient herein says, maggots scavenging dead flesh from a leg lesion that refuses to heal, is a hell of a lot better than sawing the leg off---another of the few instances where pragmatism and common sense prevails over ideology.

Reminds me of when my young brother badly burned his arm in a race car crash fire. We passed him around between family members, couldn't stand the smell for more than a few days. Every time the dressing was changed the maggots were upset.