homestead - RE: [Homestead] Re: Homestead My Ass

  • From: "WF Smith" <WarrenSmith AT PalmettoBuilders.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] Re: Homestead My Ass
  • Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 02:03:27 -0500

> So, are you saying that WF is on par with Hitler?
>
> Lynda, who was originally called a dolt.

You know, if I wrote that it wasn't directed at, how shall we say, *Lynn*
(intentional use of asterisks). I just remembered seeing some chowderhead
using that as a tagline and let it loose.

Not to toot my own horn just because I started this but I think it would be
a good thing for this list if everyone would agree to keep all the political
and opinionated and personal bullshit confined to this (or another
designated) thread. Just release it all here and don't waste everyone's time
by sneaking in stupid and snide comments in other threads about ferrocement
or breadmaking.

I honestly believe that the posters on this list have an average
intelligence higher than most any other I've ever read. The intolerance and
prejudice embedded in many of the posts negates the value of the homestead
tips which could/should have been offered.

I feel sorry for Sasha, who posts intermittently, offering insight into
current projects, gives good anecdotal info and asks specific questions, yet
has to put up with all this crap.

I, for one, will refrain from Bush-Bashing on a list that was allegedly
chartered for the purpose of exchanging ideas about independent living and a
homestead lifestyle.

Warren
---