homestead - Re: [Homestead] Flatbreads, using whatever grain is at hand

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Flatbreads, using whatever grain is at hand
  • Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 18:40:12 -0800

Just a note, someone is confused on the corn tortilla part. You use the
press to make the tortilla and then "cook" them on a flat iron or in a cast
iron skillet. We always cooked them on those cast iron burner covers that
old stoves had on them. The stoves that have cast iron griddle in the
middle work good to.

Lynda, who learned to make tortillas from a neighbor and relearned when she
lived in Baja