homestead - Re: [Homestead] Re: Black musttard seeds, cultifation, source etc.

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Re: Black musttard seeds, cultifation, source etc.
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 23:52:50 EDT

In a message dated 10/30/2004 10:23:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tvoivozd AT infionline.net writes:

tvoivozhd---if you are having trouble buying black mustard seed in the
U.S., or discovering brown mustard seed being substituted for black, I
would suggest trying a British source. I lived in India for some years,
and and at that time the only mustard seed I saw in the market was
black---brown must be a newcomer. I should add, however, that black
mustard seeds are yellow inside---and in India the mustard seeds are not
ground, but fried in oil, and pop open to flavor the food..

There are also a number of French suppliers that pride themselves on
providing the best selection of mustard seeds. I will have to dig through
my files for names, though, an internet search may produce them.

Drew

  • Re: [Homestead] Re: Black musttard seeds, cultifation, source etc., DSanner106, 10/30/2004