homestead - Re: [Homestead] The Axe Handle Sunday State

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The Axe Handle Sunday State
  • Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 09:59:21 -0700

Black leaders protest difficulties in Fla. vote registration

No right is more sacred in our country than the right to vote. If this Florida mess continues, and especially if the disenfranchised claim foul after this upcoming election, the civil right demonstrations of earlier years may be modest by comparison.

If such a charge--voter fraud in a state run by the brother of the recipient presidential candidate--were revealed in a third-world country, we and the rest of the civilized world would be outraged.