homestead - [Homestead] Fw: Tracker Adds Over 40 New Companies

  • From: "Toni Hawryluk" <tonihawr AT msn.com>
  • To: "Homestead mailing list" <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Fw: Tracker Adds Over 40 New Companies
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 14:27:10 -0700

Tracker Adds Over 40 New Companies> if there's any interest, see for yourself
:

Offshore Tracker Adds Over Forty New Companies
No limit to what now moves offshore

This TechsUnite Offshore Tracker update adds over 40 new
companies, and nearly 9,000 more U.S. jobs offshored. The list now exceeds
300 companies. The TU tracker only lists companies that offshore
white-collar jobs. This makes the data unique from other job trackers and
statistics on offshore outsourcing which often combine manufacturing jobs
along with the high-tech jobs.

The TechsUnite tracker also records the types of jobs sent
overseas-an important component, that now appears without limits as to skill
set or level of education, to companies' offshoring white-collar work.

As Brian Valentine, Senior Vice President of Microsoft
Windows division put it at a management meeting, "Outsourcing is not just for
non-critical work. Pick something to move offshore today."

And they have.

Microsoft recently hired a legal team in New Delhi to
conduct research on patent laws.

Information Technology workers are watching systems
architecture positions leave. Biopolis, the new biotechnology facility in
Singapore, is recruiting U.S. company research contracts. The list
continues, and the idea of a "safe" job is history.

Other high-skilled positions listed on the Offshore Tracker
update are electronic data automation engineers and designers from the
following companies; Cadence; 375, Synopsys; 300, and Magma Design
Automation; 40, all sent to India, as well as China, Ireland and Taiwan.
Intellectual property legal positions from Intellevate; 50 moved to India,
and journalist positions from Reuters; 60 hired in Bangalore, India.

Check out the other new company culprits on the tracker,
and help us build this list by submitting a form when you hear of American
jobs moving offshore. Any media source, with the date of the article, or the
URL is greatly appreciated, and helps us speed the verifying process.

Add a Company: Offshore Tracker Event
Form<http://www.techsunite.org/offshore/offshoreevent.cfm>
More on Outsourcing: Check out "Outsource
This"<http://www.outsourceoutrage.com/>
Sign Up: Get IT worker
updates<http://www.techsunite.org/subscribe/index.cfm>

Visit the web address below to tell your friends about
this.

Tell-a-friend!<http://www.unionvoice.org/join-forward.html?domain=washtech&r=t11c3RS1pq1v>