homestead - Re: [Homestead] great die-off

  • From: "Toni Hawryluk" <tonihawr AT msn.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] great die-off
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 08:40:06 -0700

Before 10,000 years ago, how large - and permanent -
was/were the land areas humans devoted to agriculture
and defended *from animals* other than other humans ?

Tvo sent : and the nitty-gritty I see is :

By Robert Sanders, Media Relations | 30 September 2004
(snip)
> In the forensic quest for who done it, ... have pointed fingers squarely at
> humans.
(snip)
> ...dubbed "sitzkrieg" after the term for a "sitting" war that shows slow or
> no progress, is that humans caused extinction through long-term habitat
> alteration.
(snip)
> ...because of human encroachment, there are no refuges for animals ..to
> relocate because of climate change.

And it's humans that are causing more climate
alterations than Gaia can handle - although she
may be working more actively as time goes on.