homestead - [Homestead] Here we go again, from the brain-dead U.S. State Department

  • From: Tvoivozhd <tvoivozd AT infionline.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Here we go again, from the brain-dead U.S. State Department
  • Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 16:39:10 -0700

Yeah, that's the way to go, a definite State Department maybe on targeting a few Hamas, Hezbollah or Arafat Al Aksah guerrillas, but go in first and clear away all the civilians surrounding them first.

State Department Urges Israel Not to Go Beyond a "proportional" Response
The Associated Press
Published: Oct 1, 2004

WASHINGTON (AP) - The State Department called on Israel Friday to limit its military response to a rocket attack by Hamas that killed two small Israeli children.

Israel has a right to defend itself but should limit itself to using "proportional force," deputy spokesman Adam Ereli said.

"It's important to avoid civilian casualties," Ereli said and "to not target civilians."

The statement was issued as Israeli armored vehicles massed on the Gaza border after Israel's security Cabinet had approved a large-scale military operation to stop Palestinian rocket attacks.

Defense Minister Shaul Mofaz had ordered troops to "exact a price" after a Hamas rocket killed two children, ages 2 and 4, in an Israeli border town.

AP-ES-10-01-04 1435EDT

  • [Homestead] Here we go again, from the brain-dead U.S. State Department, Tvoivozhd, 10/01/2004