homestead - Re: [Homestead] Whither Iraq

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Whither Iraq
  • Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 09:45:30 -0700

Regarding the recent Bush-Allawi dance:

1. Bush bought Iraq. Americans, Brits and a few others are paying the price, in lives and taxes.
2. Politicians say whatever they think they need to say to stay in power.
3. Iraq will become what committed Iraqis want it to be, not what we want it to be.
4. Regardless of how most Iraqis may feel about what we have done so far, their pride demands that we leave asap.
5. The Bush Wag The Terrorist Dog is pure political spin; the enemy was and is militant Muslims. They will not accept our presence on what they see as their land. We can keep killing them and they can keep recruiting more who are willing to die for their cause. Are you and yours willing to die for a political solution that satisfies them? It's a choice.
6. I put a high value on American lives. Bush puts a much lower value on them. Politicians accept loss of American lives and "collateral damage" as the price that must be paid to maintain and pave their way to greater power.
7. This was a discretionary invasion for geo-political purposes; it is primarily about oil.
8. It will not end until the American people demand that it ends.