homestead - [Homestead] hey, I just read 'em ....

  • From: "Toni Hawryluk" <tonihawr AT msn.com>
  • To: "Homestead mailing list" <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] hey, I just read 'em ....
  • Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 11:34:56 -0700

Now, if you were an alien (or (one or more) "god"(s))) and these were some of
the headlines you read in the U.S. morning newspapers before you had your
elixir (or nectar or whatever) would you be 'amused' ?

.. at home one woman :

http://famulus.msnbc.com/famulusgen/ap09-25-100420.asp?t=apnew&vts=92520041011

Female pastor leads to controversy among Georgia Baptists

By LOUISE CHU ASSOCIATED PRESS

ROME, Ga., Sept. 25 - Katrina Brooks always felt a calling from God but
wasn't sure how to fulfill it. A Baptist, Brooks spent years as a hospital
chaplain and assisting her husband in his ministerial duties, but never felt
completely satisfied in those roles. It wasn't until she was in her late 30s
that she realized she wanted to lead a congregation.

at home a buncha guys - and another "one" woman :

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6095216/

His motto: Just chew it

By M.L. LYKE

The Seattle Post Intelligencer

USA - POMONA, Calif. -- The eyes of the gurgitators were knives, fixed on the
paper plates in front of them. Guts growled. Mouths stretched. Cameras
rolled. The time was 7:30 Wednesday night, the site the Los Angeles County
Fairgrounds, the contest the eight-minute Winchell's World Donut Eating
Championship................. Shortly after 7:30 p.m., the countdown began --
"10, 9, 8 ..." -- and the slurping, drooling, sucking and swallowing
commenced. "Ewwww, gross!" screamed a delighted kid.

. and away - both men and women :

http://famulus.msnbc.com/famulusintl/ap09-25-075213.asp?reg=asia&vts=92520041050

U.S. commander says 2,000 insurgents threatening Afghan election

Nine reported dead in latest violence

ASSOCIATED PRESS

KABUL, Afghanistan, Sept. 25 - U.S.-led forces trying to protect landmark
Afghan elections face a rising wave of violence from about 2,000 insurgents,
including al-Qaida militants slipping in from Pakistan, an American general
said Saturday.

  • [Homestead] hey, I just read 'em ...., Toni Hawryluk, 09/25/2004