homestead - Re: [Homestead] Innumeracy and housebuilding

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Innumeracy and housebuilding
  • Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 10:37:23 -0700

If people are stupid enough to build in in such areas, their houses should be concrete domes or hexagons. Those who don't, find out that stupid people and their fortunes, stupid people and their lives are soon separated.

I value self-direction, so I have no objections to letting people reap the results of their choices. I do object to spending taxes on predictable recurring problems, whether flooding of, gasp, flood plains, or the tipping of tipsy homes in hurricane alley. It is difficult to understand why Florida does not have appropriate building codes.